Mom's Recipe Cards

My mom loved to cook and save recipes. Here you will find some of her best recipes. Some even came from her mom, my Grandma.

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Peanut Brittle

Bookmark and Share
Peanut brittle has always been a favorite of mine. I learned how to make this when I was a little kid. This recipe came from my grandma. It was passed on to my mom. This recipe makes a nice Christmas gift when placed in a decorative tin.

2 cups white sugar
1 cup Karo corn syrup
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups raw peanuts

Pour all the ingredients into a pot and heat on medium heat stirring continually. Continue stirring until the mixture is hard crack.

Remove from the heat and add:

1 teaspoon butter
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla

Stir the mixture very good until it foams ups. Pour onto two greased cookie sheets very quickly.

Keep somewhere cool for two hours and then crack into chunks.

Tips

Grease the cookie sheets before starting.

Have all the secondary ingredients at hand, so you can add them quickly.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home